Raapa 23 Here turi koka

Wednesday 23 August

I have my Daffodil Day stuff here. Don't forget to get organized for our great day!


Ralph and Elvis are in the building!



New bark in the playgrounds and doing a fitness circuit to keep us physically and mentally enriched, just like the animals we have been designing enrichment articles for. Watch us go on both playgrounds!


My "girls" gave me eggs and I had delicious egg sandwiches for lunch. 



Lots of people asked if they could do another information Report so I am using this one to measure against the writing National standards to see how they write totally independently.

They are so engrossed.

Toa and isi choosing what they want to research from the zoo plan and map.

Skimming and scanning, note taking in bullet points whoopee!


Some people wanted books.


I begged and scrounged a computer each and we were engrossed.

Flat out working

Toa went on mine and watched and took notes from a You tube kids site.


Spike was onto it too.

The Reading Learning intention was to read a text, record vocabulary we were unsure of, guess what it was from context and look up words in the dictionary to see how close or far away our prediction was.

"A lucky Escape!" A Level 3 Journal.

Peer share!












Reiya and Anshu worked with me.

Maths today was revision of work done so far.
We went over the modern Maths strategy for subtraction

Mrs Bartlet and I call it "be fair, be fair" which in adult terms is equal addition. What you do to one side in subtraction you do to the other,

34-19=
add 1 to the 19 to make it a "tidy number". This makes it 20.

add 1 to 34 to make it 35
35-20= 15
easy eh???

176-87=
add 3 to 87 to make it a tidy number 90
add 3 to 176 to make it 179
179-90=89

and so the numbers can increase in size and difficulty.



Calendar art. 
I thought these post cards from the zoo would make wonderful calendar art things.

 I spent up large to buy the pencils but they are so beautiful they are well worth the cost!

They are fabulous and even though I knew what I wanted, Mr Jukes as the skills to get them done so amazingly well. They will be so worthwhile buying!

Giraffe and friends.

Jack Russell and loving owner.





Wow!



How real is this?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog